Director of Transport Planning - Birmingham
£65k - £85k
We are delighted to be working with our client to source a Director of Transport Planning for their Birmingham office.
Our client have been making a world of difference in people's lives since 1881. As an independent international engineering and project management consultancy, they have been working with clients to successfully deliver projects which contribute to improving living circumstances around the world for 135 years. Our more than 6,000 colleagues, spread over 150 countries are committed to our promise to enhance society together. They combine global expertise with local knowledge to deliver a multidisciplinary range of consultancy services for the entire living environment.
They put their clients at the centre of everything they do. They understand that their clients are facing difficult challenges. Global challenges require sustainable solutions that are fit for future generations. They encourage their clients and partners to join them as they work together in developing responsible solutions that will last far beyond this generation.
There is now an exciting opportunity for a Director Transport Planning in the Birmingham office. You will facilitate the management and growth of the Transport Planning team providing assistance with the production of technical studies within the Transport Planning function. The role demands a proactive approach in a team environment.
You will be the day to day contact for senior clients and will be expected to develop and manage key accounts, be able to identify business opportunities and to develop these into new business for the AG. As Director you will initiate and be active in a broad network of client relationships and will continuously seek to secure new work, and realise cross-business opportunities. You will acquire work for yourself and others (indicative: > 5 FTE) from new and existing clients.
You will initiate and be active in internal and external networks of stakeholders within the field of expertise, taking responsibility integrating connections between own discipline and others.
You will prepare PQQs and will lead the technical excellence of the team. You can expect considerable experience on a variety of interesting and challenging projects e.g. Housing and Retail Developments, Port Development, Spatial Planning, Infrastructure & Buildings, Environmental Statements and Energy etc
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing existing Clients and Client accounts.
- Developing new Clients and Client Accounts.
- Management of technical studies relating to the Transport Planning field.
- Developing innovative transport solutions.
- Inspiring other staff to develop innovative transport solutions.
- Contributing to the technical development of the transport function in the UK.
- Providing project management and technical support and advice within Transport UK in order to:
- Develop the project mangement skills of other staff;
- Develop the technical skills of other staff and
- Ensure consistency in project management and technical quality from other staff staff.
- Commercial and technical management of projects ensuring that projects are managed effectively within budgetary constraints.
- Financial management of projects within company financial management processes.
- The day-to-day management of other disciplines within the company group working on projects.
- Identify and develop business opportunities.
- Preparation of fee proposals.
- Preparation of PQQs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BSc/BEng/MEng/MSc in relevant subject
- Extensive experience in the Transport Planning industry
- Experience in preparing Transport Assessments/Travel Plans
- Proven technical track record and ability
- Good team player to contribute to dynamic group
- Experience of managing junior staff as part of a project team
- Commercially aware
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communicator (written and verbal)
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent Client management skills
Our clients offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a car allowance, contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. There is a contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Contact Mark on 01202 888986 ext 284