|Job Title:||Discipline Lead - E&P|
|Location:||York, North Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£0.00 per annum + Negotiable salary + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Currently recruiting for a Discipline Lead E&P for one of our clients. You will become one of the key members of the rail team and play a key role in the delivery of major projects.
The role is based in our clients York office which is one of their busiest offices with a pipeline of work stretching for many years. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to lead a dynamic team and could be the ideal opportunity for someone who is looking for a team management role.
We are looking for someone who can lead by example and act as a mentor within the team and also someone who has previous experience of leading from the front.
Detailed Responsibilities as the Discipline Lead:
- Development of the team's awareness and commitment to achieving Zero Accidents. Pro-active promotion of Zero Accidents commitment.
- Encourage Discipline to be pro-active with Safety in Design.
- Maintain the company workload forecasting plan for the discipline within the location showing individual workloads.
- Understand what the client and the project managers within an office expect of the discipline. Meet and exceed expectations. Understand client business drivers. Focus on delivering value to clients business.
- Ensure Task Managers deliver service to projects within budget, on time and delivering quality promised.
- Ensure compliance with work process procedures and work instructions relevant to the discipline incorporating best practices and lessons learnt.
- Ensure that staff performance assessments are undertaken in a manner consistent with the national approach to technical development and learning/development for the discipline. Provide technical and professional development opportunities to team members.
- Support the development and maintain work process procedures and work instructions relevant to the discipline incorporating all applicable industry and regulatory standards and best practices and lessons learnt.
- Support the development and maintain appropriate national supply chains consistent with the project resource requirements for the discipline. Develop and maintain a national capability/supply chain matrix where appropriate.
- Support the driving of the technical development of the discipline with a focus on the requirements of clients. Develop and maintain a national technical development plan for the discipline where appropriate.
- Support the development of an integrated approach to the use of technical software for the discipline. Define a national technical software plan for the discipline where appropriate
- Maintain general and administrative costs at or below budget expectations.
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified in an appropriate subject and ideally be a Chartered Engineer.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join a global and progressive consultancy. My client is offering a competitive salary + package + future career progression opportunity.