|Job Title:||Discipline Lead High Voltage Cables, Offshore Wind|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
ALLEN & YORK is currently working on an exclusive basis for our client Statkraft.
Statkraft is a leading international energy company and Europe's largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, gas-fired power and district heating and is a global player in energy market operations. Statkraft has 3,700 employees in more than 20 countries.
In order to strengthen their Offshore Wind Power business unit, they are currently looking to recruit a Senior Electrical Engineer with prior experience from the MV and/or HV power cable industry.
Statkraft have an ambition to grow their Offshore Wind business into a major industrial player, capable of developing projects through all phases of the life cycle. They are currently strengthening the organization for the project development, execution and operational phases, more specifically targeting a role in the recently acquired Triton Knoll Offshore Wind Farm project.
The Electrical Systems unit is organised under the Technology Department which is responsible for technology development and qualification, project support throughout early development, engineering and construction and development of functional and technical requirements for offshore wind in Statkraft.
In this line organisation you will report to the Head of Electrical Systems, who is located in their Head Office in Oslo, Norway. Within the Triton Knoll project organisation, you will be part of the Electrical Systems Infrastructure team and report to the Electrical Work Stream Manager, who will be based in the project office in London.
As a Discipline Lead HV Cables, you will be involved in the electrical design, procurement, construction and commissioning activities for wind farm electrical systems, and you will participate in R&D and qualification of new or improved technologies for offshore wind farm applications. The position involves extensive contact with the offshore wind industry and follow-up of activities in the UK and Norway.
- Follow up and contribute in R&D and Technology Qualification programs
- Support Supply Chain activities and follow up suppliers within the offshore wind industry
- Participate in due diligence processes and design reviews
- Contribute into the establishment and maintenance of governance documentation, technical standards and specifications
Within the project organisation:
- Responsible for the cable design elements of the wind farm project throughout the development, engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning phases
- Responsible for the preparation of necessary technical documentation including proving feasibility of the selected concept
- Participate in the planning, conceptual design optioneering and cost modelling activities
- Interface with other technical disciplines such as consenting, onshore civil works, offshore cable installation, offshore platform structural design, WTGs, TPs and foundation design
- Support the project in establishing lead times and forming of procurement and contracting strategies
- Contribute into establishing and understanding the basis of design
- Participate in and follow up contract negotiation of onshore and offshore MV and HV cable systems and interfacing wind farm electrical systems and components
- Responsible for the preparation of specifications to feed into the forming of ITTs for onshore and offshore MV and HV cable systems and interfacing wind farm electrical systems and components
- Follow up and contribute in Technology Qualification programs as and when appropriate
- University/Master degree or other relevant degree in electrical engineering
- Experience within the field of high voltage cable designs
- Apart from good academic skills you are pro-active and have the ability to motivate yourself and others
- Competence within one or several of the following fields is also appreciated: Project management and contract management, offshore and onshore cable route engineering, cable installation/trenching and cable protection systems
- Experience from the use of cable rating (ampacity) and soil thermal resistivity simulation tools (FEM) is appreciated
- Construction, commissioning and/or operational experience will be considered an advantage
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth
- A positive working environment characterised by expertise, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Please contact Tom Wolsey for further details +44 (0)1202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.