|Job Title:||Drainage & Roads Civil Engineer|
|Location:||UK - Scotland - North East, Aberdeenshire|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Drainage & Roads Civil Engineer
Our client are looking for a Drainage & Roads Civil Engineer (CE) to work on a number of prestigious residential and commercial build projects from their Aberdeen office. This exciting position involves constant communication with professionals of different disciplines including Engineers, Architects and the Construction team on site.
Key Roles & Responsibilities: Preliminary Schemes
- Shall assist the Architectural Team to prepare development layout schemes for future company’s projects.
- This will address access, drainage, cut and fill and services issues and will prepare sufficient information for the alternative schemes to be costed by the Quantity Surveyors department.
- Shall be capable of undertaking soakaway tests to BRE Digest 365 to establish filtration levels for company projects.
- Liaison with Structural Engineer and Geotechnical Engineer to establish testing regime required for the Civils aspect of any development.
- Prepare a roads design package suitable for achieving Section 21 Roads Construction Consent and for issue to site for construction.
- Prepare a roads design package suitable for achieving Section 56 Road Opening Permit and for issue to site for construction.
- Design shall be undertaken to relevant Local Authority Guidelines, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British Standard or Local Transport Note. All calculations for submission to Roads Authority will be prepared
- Road Design will include horizontal design, vertical design, junction design, all road features, road gully design, road markings, and signage and pavement design.
- Design shall be prepared in PDS and fully detailed in AutoCAD.
- Prepare a drainage design package suitable for achieving Sewer Technical Approval from Scottish Water for residential developments and for approval from Licensed Provider for commercial developments.
- Design shall be undertaken to Scottish Water Sewers for Scotland current edition, Local Authority Guidelines or Design Manual for Roads and Bridges as applicable.
- Full Sustainable Urban Drainage System design will require to be undertaken in accordance with Ciria Guide C621, Sewers for Scotland and SUDS for Roads. This will require full design and detailing to satisfy SEPA, Scottish Water and Local Authority at Planning Stage and Detailed Design.
- Design shall be prepared in PDS and Windes and fully detailed in AutoCAD.
- Prepare a water, main design package suitable for achieving Water Technical Approval from Scottish Water for residential developments and for approval from Licensed Provider for commercial developments.
- Design shall be undertaken to Scottish Water Water for Scotland current edition.
- Design will be fully detailed in AutoCAD.
- Will assist and advise the Engineer as to the current status and progress of production of design calculations and drawings.
- Will be responsible for the management of their own workloads to ensure that information is issued to site and all relevant parties on programme.
- Will attend regular in-house engineering department meetings to discuss and report to the Engineer as to the progress of the engineering design and detailing.
- It is incumbent for the CE to liaise with the Architectural departments on a regular basis to ensure that the development layout design evolves to achieve both civil engineering requirements and architectural.
- As part of the CE responsibilities, will be required to prepare designer risk assessments for company projects.
- Should keep up to date with current CDM issues and recent developments.
- Advise Engineer of any issues that need to be considered by the Planning Supervision team.
- The CE should advise the Engineer of any Health & Safety concerns they may have either in the office or on site. Any Health & Safety issues identified during site visits should be brought to the attention of the Site Manager immediately.
You will have a minimum HNC in Civil Engineering with Roads and Drainage experience being essential for this role. Lighting and water main design preferable and the experience in the following set of software is essential - Windes Microdrainage, PDS, AutoCAD.