|Job Title:||Drainage Engineer - Highways|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Contact Name:||David Ward|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
Drainage Engineer - Highways - Birmingham
Currently seeking a Drainage Engineer - Highways to join a leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm. The Highways Drainage team is based in Birmingham and if you would like to work alongside specialist and experienced engineers in the design of surface water drainage for many of the UK's most complex projects along with some major project involvement in the Middle East, my client could be the perfect fit for you. After recent contract success, my client are looking for passionate and dynamic Highways Drainage engineers to work with their UK based highways team.
My client are looking to obtain a career minded Highways Drainage Engineer who has gained proven work experience in the design of drainage solutions for highways projects. To be considered for a role candidates with the following credentials can apply:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- You will hold a Degree in Civil Engineering
- Good Maths and Physics A-level or equivalent
- Proven experience in project work on highways and infrastructure projects
- Drainage design experience gained with highways and major infrastructure schemes
- Application of DMRB standards for drainage design
- MicroDrainage, AutoCAD and Civils3D experience including integration with BIM models
- Ability to work in a multi-location team environment
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will report to the Project Manager and provide technical support into assigned projects ensuring successful delivery of technically challenging drainage schemes. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects.
My client will ensure to offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry wide recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Undertake hydraulic design and modelling as instructed by the Principal or Senior Engineer
- Preparation and amendments to design drawings, calculations and design reports
- Undertake CAD work and delivery of design drawings
- Undertake 3D modelling work and delivery of design models including BIM models
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Contributing to the resolution of technical issues on projects
- Reviewing own work to ensure accuracy and confirming to the required quality
- Assistance in striving continuous technical improvement of the design team
- Preparing and registering all relevant documentation and ensuring that all documentation is accurate
- Keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments in the industry
- Maintenance of a solid knowledge of industry standards and design codes
- Being familiar with and compliant with relevant Health & Safety regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
If you are seeking a great opportunity to work with a global consultancy firm on some of the UK's most complex and challenging projects and would like a full JD with benefits information, please apply using your CV.