Ecological Clerk of Works- Scotland
My client is looking for a Ecological Clerk of Works to be based from one of their offices across Scotland. This is a 12 month contract and would be ideal for someone looking to develop their career in ecology.
Required skills include:
* Under/postgraduate degree in Ecology, Environmental Management or a related discipline;
* Experience of working under Scottish (or UK) legislation;
* Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM)
and/or of the Association of Environmental and Ecological Clerks of Works (AEECoW);
* Confident in Phase 1 Habitat and protected species surveying (incl. bats, badger, otter, water
* A good understanding of standard guidance for pollution prevention;
* Experience in the role of Ecological or Environmental Clerk of Works;
* An understanding of current environmental legislation, policy trends and ecological guidance;
* A current CSCS card or equivalent;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* The ability to work well under pressure and undertake several tasks simultaneously;
* Being confident and comfortable working as part of a team or on your own in the outdoor
* Having to work away from home and outside office hours as necessary;
* Good time management and record keeping; and
* A full UK driver's licence.
Advantageous, but non-essential, experience and skills include:
* At least one protected species licence; and
* The ability to operate a 4x4 vehicle safely.
Please call Paul Carter on 01202 888 986 ext 209 for more information