|Salary:||£24000.00 - £30000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Amy James|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
An opportunity for an experienced Ecologist within a well established UK-based ecological consultancy.
Due to expansion this consultancy is actively seeking a new consultant to join a well established team based in their London office.
Role of the Ecologist
- As the successful candidate you will be involved in all areas of the consultancies work, with an emphasis on bat survey work.
- This opportunity is extremely valuable for a current ecologist who wants to build upon their current level of experience.
Responsibilities of an Ecologist
You will be involved in all areas of their work, but the emphasis will be on protected species, in particular bat survey and mitigation and the production of ESPM licence applications.
You will also be required to take on and manage individual contracts, in order to deliver high quality ecological consultancy services within budget and to meet deadlines.
This may involve: liaising with clients, organising and supervising other Ecology Consultancy staff and sub-contractors; preparing maps and writing and editing reports.
You will have
* Have an appropriate degree
* Have a minimum of 3 years' relevant work experience.
* Have excellent knowledge of UK and relevant European environmental legislation
* Be eligible for Associate Membership (or above) of the Chartered Institute of Ecology & Environmental Management
* Have excellent fieldwork and report writing skills.
* Have experience of managing projects to time and budget.
* Hold a NE survey licence for bats and be competent at Preliminary Roost
* Assessments, emergence / re-entry surveys, activity transects and advising on mitigation.
* Be experienced at using a range of bat detectors and able to analyse sonograms accurately.
* Able to lead and co-ordinate surveys.
* Hold a valid driving licence.
* Be dynamic and proactive, able to use own initiative when appropriate.
* Experience in EcIA and mitigation methodologies would also be advantageous but not essential.
You will be offered a very competitive salary, generous benefits package and commitment to your continuing professional development and the opportunity to work as part of an enthusiastic and experienced team of professionals.
If you are a highly driven and career motivated Ecologist looking for progression in your chosen field of work, this vacancy will be perfect to enhance your career!
For a confidential talk about the Ecologist position, please call Amy James on 01202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.