Allen & York have an exciting opportunity for an Ecological Consultant to join a leading multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy company.
If you are an Ecologist with 1 to 2+ years of consultancy experience, who is seeking to develop your career further you will be ideally suited to this role. You may be an established consultant looking for a positive career change or someone looking to for the next step up in your career either way, we want to hear about your passion for ecology and a desire to make a real difference.
- To provide a high standard of survey capability and both factual and interpretative reporting output, adhering to deadlines whilst working in a safe, accurate, timely and effective manner.
- To act as Project Manager for small/medium ecology projects.
- To undertake ecology surveys and recording to a high technical standard, with specialisms in one or more areas.
- To demonstrate understanding of the main provisions of legislation and the planning system.
- To effectively liaise with statutory consultees and maintain good relationships with clients.
- To effectively manage sub-contractors and to quality check that the work and deliverables are undertaken/provided to the standard required.
Educated to degree level or higher in a relevant subject
Experience of working in an ecology role, ideally 2+ years, including consultancy experience
Experience of managing small/medium projects.
Good report-writing skills and ability to write a variety of technical reports
Experience of carrying out (ideally leading) a range of ecological surveys
In particular, expertise in carrying out ornithological surveys would be desirable
If you are interested in being part of a successful and progressive team then contact Amy James at Allen & York - 01202 888 986