EIA Associate/Technical Director
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an Associate / Technical Director EIA professional with 12 + years' experience to my clients London team. The successful candidate will have a track-record of successful project delivery, client account management and business development. In particular, looking for an individual with significant experience in major infrastructure and masterplanning-scale projects.
My client works across a full suite of technical disciplines such as acoustics, air quality, ecology, heritage etc. as well as Town Planners, Sustainability Specialists and experts in health, equalities and climate change.
You will provide support to clients at all stages of the development process, including feasibility, optioneering, promotion through planning and project implementation. The EIA work covers a range of planning regimes, including Town and Country Planning applications, Transport & Works Act Orders and Development Consent Orders.
Working very closely with our engineering and design colleagues, who are delivering the sort of exciting projects you would expect from a global business with a reputation for developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's most complex challenges.
They have an extensive client base that includes TfL, EDF, Thames Water, HS2 Ltd, Network Rail, BP, Shell and many of the major property developers operating in London and the South-East.
The following provides a sample of our recent and current projects:
- Sizewell C New Nuclear Power Station - EIA Lead
- London Olympicopolis - EIA Lead
- Thames Tideway Tunnel - Pre and post DCO support
- Bank Station Capacity Upgrade - EIA and Planning Lead
- HS2 Phases 1 and 2 - Overseeing and Impact Assessment Consultant
- A303 Stonehenge Road Investment Strategy - EIA Lead
- Earls Court Regeneration - EIA Lead
- Battersea Power Station Redevelopment- EIA Lead
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake the following illustrative roles and responsibilities:
- Oversee the delivery of major projects
- Lead the preparation of major project bids
- Contribute to work wining activities and client account management
- Assist with meeting the team's financial targets
- Demonstrate leadership in quality, innovation and Health & Safety
- Provide staff mentoring and team leadership
- Be a key interface with other senior individuals elsewhere
- Help with business strategy development for the wider south of England Environment and Planning Team and to lead on certain sales and marketing initiatives especially within the urban regeneration and infrastructure sector
- Work with the Operations Leaders and wider management team to manage recruitment, training, annual appraisals and disciplinary matters
- Monitor the team's adherence to company health and safety, quality and environmental management system requirements
- Technically review EIA/ESIA/ESHIA Chapters, and Non-Technical Summaries
- To keep up to date with relevant environmental planning legislation/policy/guidance.
- Minimum Requirements
- 12 + years' experience in EIA and Environmental Management
- Experience in project direction/management and financial management of major projects
- A track-record of work winning and successful client account management
- Highly motivated and able to work with limited direction
- Effective and persuasive leadership skills
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- You will have a good first degree and a second degree in an appropriate environmental discipline.
- You will have chartered status with a relevant professional body.
For more information, please call Barrie Dempster on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com
I look forward to receiving your application