Electrical Maintenance Technician
Allen & York have been given the opportunity to represent a client, who is one of the largest waste management and recycling firms in the South East of England. They are seeking an engaging and motivated individual for the position of Electrical Maintenance Technician.
The successful applicant will report to the Engineering Supervisor and will ensure maintenance of all electrical and instrumental equipment on all sites is installed via the correct procedure.
· Carry out installation work to the required standards, and liaise with other contractors on specific repairs and maintenance work.
· Must be able to drive a FLT and operate a MEWP.
· To conduct and undergo training where relevant.
· As part of the preventative maintenance management, the applicant will complete routine inspections and undertake maintenance work to ensure equipment is in good/working condition.
· To make sure all statutory obligations are always met.
Personal Characteristics & Competencies:
· NVQ Level 3 or Trade certificate.
· Effective communication/team working/cooperation skills and a flexible attitude.
· Demonstrates a logical and systematic approach to fault finding with relevant technical experience in repair, installation and PPM work, always managing to rectify problems.
· Can be self-motivated and work to the highest professional standard, and look to always develop his/her skills.
· The applicant must be comfortable with working in confined spaces and carry out work at height, due to the configuration of the plant.
· If plant failure occurs, you must be able to necessitate immediate action and may require working outside normal work hours on occasion. A commitment to hours being on a call out basis or overtime is essential.
· Should have experience in:
o PLC controlled equipment
o Variable speed drives
o High and low voltage equipment
o Analysis and repair of pneumatic systems
General Company Policies:
· All duties carried out must comply with all laws and regulations established by the company.
· All duties must be carried out in the working conditions, with regards to any job.
· Equal opportunities and Quality and Environmental procedures of the company must be observed.
· There is a commitment to attend/undertake any training which is relevant to the job role, and train other staff when required.
· At all times carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post to ensure systems and procedures are maintained to BS EN ISO 9002 Quality Standard.
· All necessary paperwork must be completed.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Charles Cocklin at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.