Electric Design Engineer - £55.000 Colchester area
Do you hold a strong background within Design Engineering? Are you looking for a career within a forward thinking, dynamic and growing company where you can truly make a difference? If you are then this is a fantastic opportunity within the Design team based at our Braintree office, designing and reviewing designs for the successful delivery of Residential and Commercial Electricity infrastructure projects up to 33kV. From budget design to operational handover, the Design Engineer will ensure that designs are technically and commercially compliant and delivered within agreed timescales.
- Delivering and reviewing electricity infrastructure designs, from budget mark-up to successful delivery.
- Ensuring designs are technically and commercially compliant and delivered within agreed timescales.
- Review of external design elements.
- Offer full design support to Clients, Business Development, Technical and Operations teams.
- Interface between internal Technical and Operations teams, ensuring open communication channels.
- Obtain relevant IDNO and DNO approvals.
- Provide a high, maintained level of customer service at all times to both internal and external clients.
What we're looking for;
- Candidate will preferably hold a relevant Engineering Degree, ideally with a further technical qualification, i.e IEng or CEng.
- Experienced in the design/planning of DNO and IDNO network & substation design.
- Knowledge of diversion impact and solutions to DNO Networks.
- Knowledge of the ENA's G81 documents.
- Preconstruction and feasibility knowledge within utilities sector.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills with a proven ability to find solutions with a proactive approach.
- Be able to demonstrate strong technical reporting skills.
- Ability to use AutoCAD, WinDEBUT or similar software.
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- Strong problem solving skills with a proven ability to find solutions in a proactive manner.
What we can offer;
In return we can offer you genuine career potential and progression. With a strong focus on training and development we will provide you all the tools you need to be successful within your career. We also offer competitive benefits including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance, pension scheme, subsidized Gym membership, free food Friday and much more! If you feel you have the skills, experience and attitude we are looking for and want to be part of a forward thinking, dynamic company then please apply now.