The role entails both leading and approving designs for a range of multi-disciplinary T&D projects under our Client’s National Grid FEED framework as well as other frameworks held with all the major transmission utilities in UK and Ireland. The role involves working closely with the Framework Managers, Chief Engineer and Client Project Managers, Development and Project Engineers.
In addition to other electrical engineer duties, the successful engineer will be required to support and manage a range of multi-disciplinary projects in the T&D sector in the UK, Ireland, Middle East and other geographies where necessary. Responsibilities will include the client interface, preparation of bids and proposals, and then managing the delivery of the projects in accordance with the company's quality, safety and environmental procedures.
Our transmission and distribution sector primarily focus is the design, management and supervision of electrical power projects in both transmission and distribution, with a primary focus on transmission projects, providing engineering support to all the major UK and Ireland transmission system operators. The unit also provides electrical engineering services to a wide range of renewables, industrial, property and other development projects requiring a medium or high voltage electrical infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity to develop your career and lead projects and teams. The successful Electrical Engineer will be involved in all aspects of a project from leading a bid and tender through to the delivery of projects. There is a good opportunity for career advancement for the right person showing drive and innovation.
Transmission and Distribution is a growth area and currently have teams across the UK and Ireland. The successful Engineer and can expect to develop their career as the power division continues to grow, business or man management opportunities are likely to emerge and the successful Engineer will be able to take advantage of these.
The successful Engineer will be required to hold a current TP141 CDAE of TP141 DAE certificate in any of substations, P&C, cables or civil disciplines and is expected to demonstrate an understanding of National Grid policies and design standards and will be supported to ensure TP authorisation is renewed on an ongoing basis. The successful candidate(s) will also be expected to complete certification for the new National Grid TP141 PD role.
- Current TP 141 certificate in any discipline (except overhead lines)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of working in the UK transmission and/or distribution sector
- Experience gained from high voltage projects including all or most of these: feasibility studies, concept design, detailed design, modelling, testing and acceptance. Site supervision experience would be an advantage
- Extensive experience at voltages up to 132kV is essential and experience to at least 400kV is preferred.
- Experience in any of the following would be an advantage:
- Providing services as CDMC
- Regulation of electricity networks
- Power System Planning
- Preferred Qualifications
- BSc /BEng Electrical Engineering (Hons)
- Chartered Engineer status or be on route to obtaining Chartered status