Electrical Design Engineer (Water)
Based in the Leeds co-located office you will be required to work in multi-disciplinary teams, often on multiple projects, delivering and overseeing electrical engineering design solutions for a major water supplier.
You will be working on projects at all points in the project lifecycle from creating innovative conceptual ideas, to detailed designs, to supporting commissioning teams on site. You will regularly travel to client's offices, sites, suppliers and contractors.
To assist or lead the smaller Proposals production, including any post tender negotiations.
Assist with the cultivation of client relationships and the development of additional services with the client.
Undertake the electrical elements of the concept study, outline and detailed design, e.g. site surveys, root cause analysis, technical calculations, specifications, commercial analyses, technical sketches, drawing production and the checking of outputs for the project.
Undertake factory plant inspections/testing, site inspections/testing, site trouble shooting and plant optimisation.
- HND, BEng or preferably MEng degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Hold or be working towards a recognised professional qualification eg IEng or CEng and membership of a suitable institution eg IET.
- You will be an experienced electrical engineer with post graduate experience, within a design environment, in or closely associated with the water sector.
- An understanding of CDM, IET Wiring Regulations and awareness of DSEAR requirements
- Proficient in MS Office software.
- An ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear concise English.
- Being passionate about design
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors
- Ability to work on your own initiative but seek assistance when required
- Ability to lead, organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
- Ability to apply high levels of attention to detail
- Ability to share your knowledge with the business and support our training schemes
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues