|Job Title:||Electrical Design Engineer - Water|
|Location:||North West England,|
|Salary:||£30.00 - £40.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Tom Bullen|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Electrical Design Engineer - Water
My client are looking to strengthen their Design team with an Electrical Design Engineer. You will provide superior quality Engineering Design services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on turnkey and engineering services contracts. In order to ensure the above the individual must co-ordinate the design and produce electrical design documents and drawings taking due account of health and safety requirements, specifications and standards pertaining to the contract.
You will report directly to the Design Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide design solutions that meet all of the requirements the Sub-Programme Mandates.
- Ensure that standard designs and design practices are utilised wherever possible
- Produce outline electrical, instrumentation and control design on contracts
- Attend internal design meetings
- Liaise with other design disciplines
- Liaise with Network Operating Companies (NOC's)
- Carryout surveys at site visits
- Attend design meetings with Clients
- Review and approve/comment on sub-contractor designs
- Gain approval of designs from Clients
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests at suppliers premises and produce reports
- Motivate team members by positive attitudes, knowledge, experience and guidance.
- Identify specialist training requirements.
- Ensure the Company Procedures are fully implemented
- Ensure designs produced and those of sub-contractors meet the requirements of the specification
- Ensure designs produced and those of sub-contractors are in accordance with all appropriate
- Champion Electrical design health and Safety.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all staff.
- Implement latest H & S regulations and legislation.
- Reduce waste to a minimum from all departmental activities
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or other relevant subject
- Appreciation of automated control systems based on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) and Telemetry
- Process instrumentation experience
- Knowledge of Electricity at Work Regulations
- Knowledge of power distribution systems and associated calculations.
- Experience in water industry and preferably previous experience in the electrical and ICA elements in the design of water / wastewater treatment plants and water / wastewater networks.
- Experience of all stages of the project life cycle including feasibility & conceptual design, option appraisal and whole life costing, value engineering, detailed design, generation of contract specifications, tender appraisal and contractor management along with experience of plant inspection, testing, commissioning and handover.
- Knowledge of industry practice and legislation in Health & Safety is essential including client delivery management risk assessments, HAZOPs, and hazardous area reviews.