|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Howells|
|Job Published:||30 days ago|
Our client a successful property design and managed services company are looking for a Electrical Engineer in Norwich area.
The Electrician will be responsible for providing professional high quality and customer orientated electrical service to customers.
1) Carry out electrical repairs and installations to the current Institute of Electrical Engineers (IEE) wiring requirements (BS7671).
2) The ability to work from detailed commercial electrical design drawings and circuit diagrams.
3) Testing and inspection of commercial electrical installations to current IEE requirements and take appropriate remedial action where required.
4) Work efficiently and effectively with a wide range of commercial electrical installations and specialist equipment such as fire alarms, emergency lighting and controls, etc.
5) Ensure that all electrical test certificates and reports are completed to specification and signed by the appropriate person ready for submission to Client/Client Agent
6) Carry out diagnostic fault finding on a wide range on installations and equipment.
7) Assist with the planning of works and make appointments where no prearranged appointments have been made.
8) Responsible for identifying new business opportunities.
9) This role requires frequent travel to other offices and sites as required.
10) This role requires a full driving licence.
11) Carry out duties appropriate to the grade of the post.
12) Promote continuous improvement and deliver demonstrable high quality products and services which embrace quality standards.
1) City and Guilds Electrical Level 3 or Equivalent - Essential
2) BS 7671 : 2008 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations - Essential
3) City and Guilds 2391 Inspecting and Testing Certificate - Essential
4) Holds a current site card or is prepared to immediately attain - Essential
Skills and knowledge:
1) Experience in a similar or related role - Essential
2) Commercial installation experience - Essential
3) Ability to identify specific colours particular to electrical wiring - Essential
4) Ability to work at heights and within confined spaces - Essential
5) Familiar with relevant construction, Health and Safety legislation and risks and hazards associated with asbestos - Essential
6) Experience in dealing with boiler panels and plant - Desirable
We look forward to receiving your application