Reporting to: Technical Manager
Summary of Job
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for all electrical engineering and maintenance with some aspects of mechanical engineering working on an Energy from Waste Plant, in co-operation with the Mechanical and C & I engineers. The Electrical Engineer goal is to ensure optimal long-term availability of the plant, to preserve the value of the assets and to comply with environmental health and safety requirements. Ensuring financial targets are meet within the electrical department.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for efficient planning and execution of maintenance activities associated with the EfW plant, including the workshops management.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for managing his team and contractors working on the EfW plant ensuring a high standard of health and safety, as well as performance.
The Electrical Engineer will be required to respond to plant and equipment breakdowns both during normal working hours as well as outside normal working hours.
The Electrical Engineer is expected to carry out other duties identified from time to time to ensure the EfW plant is operating safely and efficiently within environmental compliance
Experience and Skills Requirements
- Possess Engineering qualifications preferably ONC / HNC (or equivalent).
- Possess safety qualification preferable IOSH or NEBOSH, training will be provided.
- Have minimum of two years' process or power plant experience
- Knowledge of safe systems of work, training will be given.
- Knowledge and experience of associated repair methods of electrical equipment.
- Be computer literate
- Experience in supervising a team and contractors to deliver agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Have experience working with Computerised Maintenance Management System
- Have a good understand of health, safety and environment legislation relevant to process or power industry.
- Hold a position of Senior Authorised Person (SAP) and qualified to work on both LV and HV electrical systems.
- Excellent communicational skills are required at all levels; both verbally and written.
- Conduct team briefings and write concise reports.
- Must be able to demonstrate good organisational skills.
- Have a willingness to operate flexibly.
- Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to co-ordinate and supervise work activities project staff and contractors.
- Effective team building, encouraging motivation and people value.
- Ability to develop professional relationship with contractors.
- Co-ordinate, schedule and plan maintenance activities, including activities during planned and unplanned shutdowns to ensure optimal long-term availability of the plant and to preserve the value of the facility within approved budget.
- Manage statutory inspections ensuring all documentation is completed and up to date.
- Management of the electrical maintenance workshop.
- Ensure the plant Maintenance Management System is utilised to its full potential.
- Flexible working requirements to achieve KPI's.
- Ensure that all activities within the EfW plant are carried out in a safe manner in line with company policies and that all health, safety and environmental statutory requirements are met.
- Carry out risk assessments to ensure activities are carried out in a safe manner Including project staff and contractors.
- Ensure that housekeeping is carried out on a day to day basis.
- Working with the management team striving for continual improvement of the KPI's as well as minimising Health, safety and environmental impacts at the EfW plant.
- Ensure all visitors and contractors to site are inducted in the site safety and emergency procedures.
- Completion of company's incident reporting form and carrying out follow-up investigations as necessary.
- Participate in continual personal development within the organisation to achieve improved performance.
- Promote flexible team working by creating an environment and the resources which will enable the team to identify issues and create innovative solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Carry out regular team meetings (or briefings) ensuring good communications are achieved at all times.
- Encouraging team and individual involvement in decision making processes.
- Maintain and develop professional industrial relations with company's staff and contractors.
- Carry out training and personal development discussions with team members to ensure a high level of competencies within company's organisation.
- Ability to demonstrate high values to ensure good team ethics.
- Undertake and carry out any internal or external training as necessary
- Assist other disciplines during planned or unplanned shutdowns