Electrical Engineer - Water
- Extensive knowledge of the following;
- Water and Waste Water treatment processes;
- Full understanding of electrical engineering conceptual design and optioneering;
- Full understanding of electrical detailed design.
- The electrical elements of standard designs & products to aid repeatability within designs, supporting the Benefits by Design initiative;
- Supporting the Electrical Engineering Team & supply chain's journey to move to BIM/PLM delivery for all projects;
- Reviews of associated supply chain capability relating to Electrical engineering;
- The Electrical engineering elements of establishing new frameworks & best in class agreements with the supply chain;
- The development & improvement of electrical engineering design processes & procedures to ensure design quality, consistency & repeatability;
- Support efficient out-sourcing and off-shoring to expand our technical capability, improve design efficiency and manage peaks in workload;
- Knowledge, understanding & implications of the Water companies Minimum Asset Standard (MAS).
- Be responsible for the production of technical deliverables required in the Stand Alone Process, these include, but are not limited to:
- Technical schedules and data sheets.
- Engineering calculations (cable calculations, load schedules, RICS calculations, etc.).
- Particular specifications for engineering sub contracts.
- Working closely with the supply chain and performing technical bid analysis of their designs.
- Communicate effectively at all relevant levels to ensure that the need to deliver technical excellence is understood and implemented. Escalate issues that may impact on time/cost/quality to the Technical Manager before they become problems or exceed agreed timescales.
- Maintain close links with other Engineers & the Discipline Head to ensure smooth interfaces between disciplines, manage gaps/overlaps & share best practice. Liaise closely with Technical Managers within the programme area to provide technical guidance & explore opportunities for out-performance from technical innovation.
- Provide and maintain an estimate for design works needed to deliver the precast design.
- Ensure that the design delivery is matched to the project programme and every effort is assured to ensure DOT.
- Support the Electrical Discipline Head in the drive towards excellence in H&S, demonstrating applied knowledge & skills to produce safe designs to discharge your obligation according to CDM Regulations, standards and accepted codes of practice.
- Support regular design & discipline meetings, participate in sharing cross-discipline information, supporting the Benefit by Design and Industrialised Construction initiatives.
- Ensure all technical work is undertaken to correct standards & specifications. Ensure requirements of MAS are adhered to & offer challenge when applicable.
- Be responsible for maintaining your own quality and consistency of all Electrical Engineering technical documents.
- Work with the relevant Senior Engineer/Peers and/or the Discipline Head to ensure that all technical deliverables are properly checked & approved.
- Be responsible for the production of templates for technical deliverables required in the Stand Alone Process, these include:
- Electrical engineering schedules & data sheets.
- Engineering calculations (cable sizing calculations, load schedules, carbon calculations, TOTEX calculations, etc.).
- Particular specifications for electrical engineering sub contracts, input to control philosophy.
- Electrical sub-contract & technical bid analysis.
- Sub-contractor design review where required.
- Assist whenever needed to the completion of as-built records for O&M production.
- Masters and/or Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
- Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others
- Effective negotiation and persuading skills, able to manage and diffuse challenging situations
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues. Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate
- Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery