|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer - Water|
|Location:||UK - Wales - South Wales, Cardiff|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Water Engineer (Electrical)
My client is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through their work, they make a positive difference in the world.
They currently have a team of 65 water engineers covering civil, structural, MEICA and process skills working out of our Bristol, Cardiff and Belfast offices. This ‘West Water’ team deliver projects for clients such as utility companies, Natural Resources Wales, Environment Agency and local government. Working closely with our multi-disciplinary colleagues we are involved in a wide variety of projects including pumping stations, treatment works, and renewable energy installations.
Mt client are seeking an Electrical Engineer to grow our existing Water Group in the Cardiff Office. We recently secured a 5-year framework with Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water and wish to grow our multidisciplinary team to build on their ability to deliver successful projects.
A background in water or similar process industry is desirable - the successful candidate will have a wide range of responsibilities some of which are described below. Due to the wide range of projects we deliver, there are opportunities to have early responsibility for leading projects as well as involvement in a variety of schemes.
- Develop electrical and ICA design solutions for Welsh Water, NRW and Design & Build projects.
- Prepare design calculations, specifications and reports.
- Oversee production of both outline and detailed design, and construction drawings.
- Undertake feasibility studies and investigative reports.
- Liaise with Clients, other Arup groups and members of the delivery team.
- Lead junior staff in delivery of projects.
- Be responsible for the financial and programme deliverables for their projects.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar)
- Working towards, or a Chartered or Incorporated member of the IET or equivalent
- Typically around 2 to 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience of Amtech electrical design software would be an advantage.
- A team player with good oral and written communication skills
- Financially astute with effective planning and organisation skills