|Job Title:||Electrical Design Engineer - Water|
|Location:||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Electrical Engineering Design (Water)
Are you looking to join a progressive Water Engineering Business for a long term and rewarding career? Our client is working as part of a joint venture, delivering the AMP5 and AMP6 Treatment frameworks for a major water utilities company. This award winning JV team provides asset management and engineering solutions for their clients to address identified risks to their business.
Our client have been engaged on these frameworks from 2010 and have been re-appointed through to at least 2020. To support our planned growth in AMP6 who is technically competent, engaging to clients, reliable and collaborative.
Our client is a leader within the provision of authoritative engineering advice, environmental design and sustainability. Renowned for creative solutions that satisfy their clients' business objectives whilst respecting people and the environment.
- Based in the Leeds co-located office you will be required to work in multi-disciplinary teams, often on multiple projects, delivering and overseeing electrical engineering design solutions for Yorkshire Water.
- You will be working on projects at all points in the project lifecycle from creating innovative conceptual ideas, to detailed designs, to supporting commissioning teams on site.
- You will regularly travel to client's offices, sites, suppliers and contractors.
- We place great importance on your training to enhance your skills and capabilities, but also expect you in turn to share your knowledge with the business and support our training schemes, eg as a mentor for our graduate engineers and technicians.
You will also
- Assist or lead the smaller Proposals production, including any post tender negotiations.
- Assist with the cultivation of client relationships and the development of additional services with Yorkshire Water.
- Undertake the electrical elements of the concept study, outline and detailed design, e.g. site surveys, root cause analysis, technical calculations, specifications, commercial analyses, technical sketches, drawing production and the checking of outputs for the project.
- Undertake factory plant inspections/testing, site inspections/testing, site trouble shooting and plant optimisation.
- Be aware of work requirements and priorities and take personal responsibility to deliver this to agreed time, cost and quality requirements.
- Ensure that all work you and others you are responsible for, is safely undertaken and compliant with the Company's Integrated Management Systems (IMS).
- Provide technical guidance, support and training to colleagues and assist, where practicable, in mentoring and development of others.
- HND, BEng or preferably MEng degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Hold or be working towards a recognised professional qualification eg IEng or CEng and membership of a suitable institution eg IET.
- You will be an experienced electrical engineer with post graduate experience, within a design environment, in or closely associated with the water sector.
- An understanding of CDM, IET Wiring Regulations and awareness of DSEAR requirements
- Proficient in MS Office software.
- An ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear concise English.
- Being passionate about design
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors
- Ability to work on your own initiative but seek assistance when required
- Ability to lead, organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
- Ability to apply high levels of attention to detail
- Ability to share your knowledge with the business and support our training schemes
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
For more information contact Thomas Bullen 01202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.