|Job Title:||Electrical Installation Engineer|
|Salary:||£32000 - £36000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Howells|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
We are looking on behalf of our client for an Electrical Services Installation Engineer with experience working within a critical environment such as a data centre. This role will report directly into the Critical Services Installation Supervisor and you will work as part of a small team. The location for this role is Portsmouth.
Your key duties;
- To install, test and commission all electrical final circuits to PDUS in accordance with BS7671 current standard.
- Assist in the planning and control of installation projects reporting into the Data Centre Installation Supervisor and Critical Services Manager.
- Produce and work to approved Electrical Risk Assessments for all installation activities.
- Manage and operate to client Change Control processes for all works within designated Critical areas.
- Report all Significant Events to the Critical Services teams.
- Adhere to all Environmental, Health & Safety requirements.
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of the Critical Services process and become a Category A approved Electrician within that process.
- Work as part of an out of hours Emergency Call-out Team.
- Collection of data for the Preparation of Load Management Reports of Data Centre Electrical Infrastructure.
- Collect and prepare information in support of the Significant Event Reporting system.
- Responsible for maintaining and reviewing stock levels for consumables and spare/replacement parts.
- Complete Weekly Timesheets to record all Work Order start and finish times, in accordance with JCI business controls and KPI's.
- Support any other reasonable requests to meet business needs/priorities when required.
Your required skills;
- City and Guilds 2382 - BS7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations.
- Educated to a Technical discipline - preferably served an apprenticeship or equivalent. City & Guilds 2330, 2351 or the 2360 combined with the NVQ level 3 or equivalent. Preferably qualified to City & Guilds 2394-01 or equivalent.
- An awareness of Data Centre operations and processes and experience of controlled power energises and disconnections, UPS, CPS, copper and fibre cabling installations, main infrastructure systems LV distribution, cooling etc.
- Demonstrate electrical installation in a commercial environment.
- Some experience of copper and fibre data installations Ethernet.
- Good, supportive approach.
- Sound knowledge of Safe Systems of Work and H&S Legislation.
- Ability to understand technical drawings and processes.
- Must be PC literate (Lotus/Microsoft) with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Safe Start
- Manual Handling
- Permits to Work
- Isolating Authority
- Fire Alarm & Detection Systems
- Engineering Plant & Inspection
- Inspection, Testing & Certification of Electrical Installations C&G 2391-10
- Ethics & Integrity
We look forward to receiving your application.