Our client transforms industries they operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. They've built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance.
They are looking for an analyst level Commercial Asset Manager to support the management of a portfolio of energy generating companies. The operational activities of the companies are outsourced.
Supported by in-house technical and financial teams and more senior comercial asset managers he analyst will liaise closely with the outsourced providers to drive financial and operational performance and resolve issues as they arise.
- Delivering accurate financial and operational information to Directors, funders and management,
- Supporting any investment transactions on the portfolio via, for example, responding to due diligence requests on the assets.
- Occasional travel to site and partner offices around the UK may be required.
- Liaise with the operators of the power plants, to gather and manage detailed data for the portfolio companies, in order to monitor performance of the plants and any ongoing construction or maintenance works;
- Fact gather and summarise issues for commercial decision making and getting approvals from the relevant investment committee as appropriate
- Track and report on revenue, expenditure and cash balances in energy generating companies
- Support (with training) the updating of complex financial models and any Octopus fund reporting, including periodic valuation of the portfolio companies
- Understand the risk monitoring framework in place, identifying and escalating issues early Provide analytical and other support to the CAM team as needed including document management and meeting notes
- Assist with portfolio wide initiatives to optimise the existing assets, including assisting with project appraisal, due diligence and project refinancing's
- Respond to investor queries and assist with the preparation of external marketing information
- Assist with on-boarding of new assets into the portfolio
- Proactively make suggestions for and implement process improvement projects
The candidate must be well organised with good prioritisation skills to manage both site specific and portfolio wide issues across multiple companies for multiple clients;
They will be extremely numerate, have good commercial acumen and communication skills in order to understand and effectively manager financial, legal and technical considerations.
He/she will be comfortable willing to learn and have the patience and dedication to ensure all deliverables are both accurate and on time.
- The analyst will have a technical, mathematical or financial degree
- They will have a good understanding of MS office, including excel
- Understanding of power markets and generation technologies
- Contract training and management
- Up to 2 year's relevant industry experience
- Flexibility and "can do" attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to support and, in time, train others
- Looking for a challenging role as part of an asset management career
- Able to work under pressure and towards deadlines
- Able to critically examine and question information from a variety of sources