Allen & York is recruiting to hire an Energy Consultant to work for a leading international managed facility management company. The Energy Consultant will be involved with detailed and walk through audits, monitoring, evaluation, critical analysis of energy flows in building with an ultimate aim of providing recommendations that help in reducing energy costs, operating costs, improving system efficiency for the client. He/she is also expected to support on trainings and integration of energy management with FM team.
- Independently make site visits to potential customers to identify audit scope including but not limited to HVAC, MEP, building envelope etc. and prepare customized proposals for the customer.
- Conduct walk through and detailed energy audits and as per the IPMVP/ ASHRAE /AEE protocols.
- Collect and conduct analysis of history data for buildings utility consumption, drawings, BMS data etc. to study the design parameters of the building
- Carry out spot measurements of various parameters and calculate actual system performance
- Study and analyse the difference between design and actual performance to make energy and water saving recommendations
- Preparation of energy audit reports with facility description, design conditions, actual performance, recommendations with ROI and impact of each ECM on property operations.
- Supporting the company's services on energy management of the company owned properties.
- Support Business development on energy management inputs for contracted FM.
- Should devise a plan for training delivery to integrate FM and energy management.
- Should be able to integrate and implement RMS and HO using the knowledge available from IPMVP & Urbanize.
- Finding out a synergy and upgrading Hotel, Office and Residence Optimizer in line with IPMVP protocols.
- Research the market through magazines/ online content/ networking or references for new solutions suppliers/technologies that could help diversify the solutions offered during energy audits.
- Maintaining a database of suppliers in a logical order having their latest price list available. This should also include having good relationship with them for long term partnerships.
- Maintain an assessment record for each supplier to be used in the supplier selection.
- Weekly update for all projects should be given to head of consultancy.
- Report to Head of Consultancy and Director for any issues or potential risk faced with the system or with a client.
- Generating leads and up selling of other potential services which could be offered to the client.
- Provide all necessary support to colleagues and management
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Preferred)
- Masters in Energy Management discipline
- 3-5 years in facility / energy management background
- Certified Energy Manager/ CMVP certification
This is just one of many jobs that ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting across the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region. ALLEN & YORK are the specialist recruiters for the Middle East sustainability sector and actively recruit in the UAE (predominantly Dubai & Abu Dhabi), Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Morocco. Our international network of clients & candidates mean we have a demonstrable track record in recruiting high caliber professional staff across the world - get in touch to learn more.