|Job Title:||Energy Manager|
|Location:||South West England,|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Victoria Kenrick|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Energy Manager (contract)
We currently have an exciting new role within a national charity organisation. Our client is looking for an experienced and proactive Energy Manager to manage the energy and water usage throughout the company.
You will be able to make a real difference by reducing the organisations overheads and assisting with the built environment, with the aim for the organisation may meet its business objectives cost effectively and ensuring Legal compliance.
- Produce, maintain and continually review an energy and water management policy and strategy for the company, updating them as required to reflect changes in the estate and legislation.
- Work in collaboration with the Sustainability Manager, Directors and departmental Managers, agree energy and water efficiency targets, monitoring and reporting mechanisms and review these regularly.
- Produce regular energy and water consumption data and compare these with targets, taking corrective measures as required.
- Be the prime driver in delivering energy and water reductions against the targets throughout the company by the introduction of new technologies and behaviour change
- Have a detailed knowledge of complex building services and keep up to date with relevant techniques and technologies, ensuring best practice.
- Formulate and manage a capital budget for energy and water savings investment projects
- Work on your own and be prepared to travel throughout the UK and ROI
- Makes decisions within parameters set by manager, using job/specialist experience
- Project manage all building services energy efficiency installations including preparation of specifications, going out to tender, selecting contractors and providing a watching brief over installation work.
- Work with all relevant external suppliers/brokers to ensure all electricity and water billing are correct and be the point of contact for all facilities energy related issues.
- Manage automatic meter reading (AMR) installations across the company and resolve all meter related queries.
- Maintain the SharePoint "Utilities" site data, standard work and guidance and be the point of contact for all property database energy related issues.
- Manage the "Feed in Tariff" (FIT) and "Renewable Heat Incentive" (RHI) reporting requirements and income
- You will have experience of data gathering and submission for legal compliance e.g. Carbon Reduction Commitment.
- Sound understanding of environmental and energy conservation issues and techniques including compliance requirements
- Detailed knowledge of a wide range of mechanical and electrical building services, ie refrigeration, compressed air, vacuum, extract, water treatment, building management, air conditioning, low voltage and medium voltage systems etc.
- Experience of developing and delivering an Energy Management system that meets the requirements of ISO 50001- Energy management systems and be familiar with ISO 14001.
- Be a member of an energy related professional body, ideally one indicated for ESOS - Lead assessor Approved bodies.
- From time to time, you will be responsible for managing contractors in the installation of energy and water reducing projects, so project management experience is essential.
- Have a proven track record in the Facilities service industry and have expertise in a relevant technical disciplines.
- Experience of starting an energy management scheme in a large organisation from scratch in addition to strong project management skills, would be a distinct advantage.
- Be qualified to degree level or equivalent.
- The workload is challenging, working to strict deadlines, but rewarding. This is a hands on role and is suitable for someone who enjoys working in a service environment, with proven technical skills in the industry. You will need to have a pragmatic, flexible, positive approach to the job and customers with excellent communication skills.
The role will initially be on twelve month temporary contract but with the possibility of becoming permanent.