We currently have a unique and exciting opportunity for a Director-level individual to join one of the UK's leading energy services companies as an Energy Projects Development Director.
This role gives you the opportunity to lead a team of engineers providing technical solutions for a range of large energy users. Typically these projects will be worth greater than £10M and will involve long sales cycles and multiple delivery businesses.
This is a newly created role, taking up management of a rapidly growing team of design engineers providing consulting, project scoping and design services on large energy solutions projects. You will provide engineering oversight on projects, will qualify and filter new opportunities on behalf of the team, and will build the processes, tools and working approach of the solutions development team.
Lead team of project development managers/engineers
Take over day-to-day management of a new team of experienced engineers delivering energy consulting and design engineering.
Grow the customer base new through better engineering solutions
Support the strategic account management team in bidding for large, complex projects through sound energy engineering solutions.
Create or acquire and then bed-in and manage the systems, processes and tools required by this team to excel.
Bring experience in using energy management and modelling tools to the business and recommend the appropriate software solutions to enable good energy engineering solutions. Develop an in-house BIM capability.
Provide technical/engineering oversight on projects your team are delivering
Put in place processes for design approval including primary/secondary design review and management approval.
Technical lead on major bids
Take an engineering lead on major bids coordinating members of your team to work with you but owning the final conceptual designs against which the business will win or lose work. Provide content for bids and work closely with the Head of Bids to ensure good bid processes and strong input from the technical development team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of decision-making processes in FTSE100 business customers
- Excellent knowledge of business strategy and planning
- Good understanding of corporate and project finance principles
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Civil/Mechanical Engineer to at least Masters level.
- Member of CIBSE or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of energy and carbon management for businesses
- Excellent understanding of building energy services and controls business
- Excellent understanding of Energy Services industry
- Excellent understanding of ESCOs and EPCs
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- Strong leadership qualities married with optimistic attitude
- Innovative and creative problem-solving attitude
- Excels at senior executive level C-Suite and ExCo equivalent level
- Commercial intuition and sophistication more than a pure engineer. Able to put commercial wrap on technical elements.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information about this job, please contact Bo at Allen & York on 01202 888986.