|Job Title:||Energy Team Consultant|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Salary:||£35k - £40k|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
The energy industry is in a period of exciting change. Our client is uniquely positioned to support, influence and drive key strategic projects, including Ofgem's programme for faster, more reliable switching, the roll-out of smart meters, and optimisation of code governance arrangements.
A great opportunity has just opened up within our expanding Energy Team.
Responsibility for delivering projects across our contract portfolio, including the Master Registration Agreement (MRA),
Independent Gas Transporters Uniform Network Code (iGT UNC) and UK Revenue Protection Association (UKRPA).
The role will involve working closely with stakeholders to provide detailed analysis, business support and consultancy services.
- Chairing and providing lead analysis in strategic stakeholder meetings and expert working groups.
- The Energy Team facilitates and hosts over 150 external meetings every year.
- Preparing and presenting briefs and analysis at industry meetings.
- Representing our clients at industry events and meetings.
- Creating and executing project work plans.
- Coaching and supporting other team members to drive forward project work plans.
- Facilitating industry events, such as training seminars and conferences.
- Reviewing and analysing industry consultations and collating reports and responses.
- Preparation and quality review of agendas, analysis papers and market reporting.
- Provision of expert code governance advice to clients.
- Performing the role of critical friend to code parties within the Energy Team portfolio.
- Providing expert analysis with the ability to communicate complex issues and solutions.
- Business and Market analysis, including process modelling and re-modelling.
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of the client services, including drafting and control of budgets and services agreements.
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Identifying solutions to industry issues and driving the continuous improvement to products, techniques and procedures used.
- A perfect candidate would be confident chairing large industry meetings, but would also be willing to contribute to administrative activities, including meeting secretariat functions.
- A good candidate should have demonstrable experience of working within code governance arrangements in the UK energy industry, or provide evidence of equivalent experience that is applicable to the role.
- To be successful in this role, the candidates must have at least 18 months' experience in UK retail utilities.
- Outstanding communication skills, including an excellent telephone manner, and the ability to communicate complex technical matters to a non-technical audience.
- Confidence to speak in front of a large audience.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and quality focus.
- Experience leading projects or complex pieces of work.
- Experience in line management and/or mentoring.
- Demonstrable ability to manage time and a varied work load.
- Adaptable and able to quickly develop a technical understanding of complex issues.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience.
- Excellent team mentality, with a demonstrable willingness to support other members of the team during pressure periods.
- An understanding and experience of industry codes and governance, registration and customer transfer processes, or energy networks in energy markets is also desirable.
They encourage applicants who wish to explore flexibility with work hours.