Allen & York are delighted to be working exclusively with the UK's largest Engineering and Environmental Consultancy group. As part of a significant recruitment project to grow the Ground Engineering team, we are working on upwards of 15 vacancies across the Engineering Geology and Geotechnics teams in the South East.
We have 2 vacancies for Engineering Geologists in the Bedfordshire office. Responsibilities will include:
- Desk studies and walkover surveys.
- Ground investigation - scoping, specifying, supervising, logging, interpretation of GI data, derivation of design parameters and production of Ground Investigation Reports to EC-7.
- Geotechnical design - slope stability and earthworks design and the opportunity to get involved in design of shallow and piled foundations and retaining walls using a range of software.
- Where appropriate you will contribute to Geotechnical Design Reports to EC-7.
- You will assist in preparation of bids and proposals and attend meetings with contractors and clients, both external and internal and work on multi-disciplinary project design teams.
- Depending on your interest there is the option to become involved in the management of projects.
- Circa 3 years of relevant experience enabling you to have developed a range of engineering geological knowledge and skills.
- You will have a working knowledge of UK geology, engineering geology and ground investigation practice.
- You will be able to describe soils and rocks, appreciate geomorphological features, record your findings and write clear and concise reports.
- You will have used software such as SlopeW, gINT/Holebase and the Rocscience suite and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of CAD and geotechnical software such as the Oasys suite and Geo5 and WALLAP would be an advantage.
- You will be familiar with the UK Specification for Ground Investigation, the ICC Conditions of Contract and standards including BS5930 and BS1377 and be able to prepare specifications and contract documents.
- You should be willing to travel within the UK and overseas for limited periods.
- A BSc, MSci or MSc in earth sciences focusing on geology and engineering geology is essential.
- Qualifications that include geotechnical engineering, hydrogeology or other related subjects would be an advantage.
- Working towards Chartered status with the Geological Society of London, EurGeol or equivalent.
This is a fantastic chance to join one of the UK's best GE teams. Contact Tom Herbert on 01202 888986.