|Job Title:||Engineering Manager|
|Salary:||£60000 - £75000.00 per annum + Car + Package|
|Contact Name:||Charles Cocklin|
|Job Published:||29 days ago|
Maintenance & Engineering Manager
Opportunity with a leading sustainable waste management company, to optimise the technical operations at their thermal treatment plant and maintain a safe and efficient maintenance infrastructure.
- Optimise the efficiency of the technical operation across the facility.
- Keep up to date with current developments in thermal waste treatment.
- Research, propose and manage improvement programmes to increase plant productivity and new investment.
- Ensure clear budgetary costings are developed for each engineering activity, and are delivered on target.
- Manage the maintenance infrastructure, to ensure a safety and efficient operation across the facility.
- Provide leadership and manage of any new design of plant equipment and buildings.
- Through technical innovation improve the frequency of compliance with all the Authorisation standards (e.g. the Environment Agency Environmental Permit).
- Review and monitor all Planned Preventative Maintenance Schemes.
- Act as the key point of contact for engineering intelligence in relation to incineration, emissions and other thermal treatment of waste technologies such that the job holder can advise London Waste on future developments and opportunities.
- Represent the Energy Centre in specialist industry and other forums as requested.
- Work proactively with operational and specialist internal departments to ensure that planning and project resources are used effectively to achieve company plans within the Energy Centre and across the Company.
- Assist in the creation of 3 - 5 year business plan for the site describing the engineering improvements which achieve medium to long-term strategic goals.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree or Higher National Diploma / Certificate or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline (mechanical or electrical) and, ideally, SAP qualified.
- Extensive experience of managing a sizeable multi-disciplined process operation, preferably with a good technical understanding of combustion, steam and water systems and the effective and safe operation of a power plant.
- Ability to manage a team and motivate them to deliver service above the minimum.
- Experience of designing, costing and managing implementation of large process engineering improvements.
- In-depth technical experience to oversee effective maintenance and commissioning plans implemented.
- Able to think creatively and communicate ideas clearly.
- Experience of managing budgets and delivering actual costs to deadlines.
- Successful experience of negotiating with suppliers of services for on time and to cost delivery.
- Detailed knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, guidance and systems, and other relevant Regulations, specific to the application and technology being managed.
- A commitment to undertake training as deemed necessary to improve and update knowledge and skills.
For more information about this position, please contact Charles Cocklin 01202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.