Allen & York are pleased to be working with one of the UK's fastest growing construction companies working across a range of Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects. Our client is a global organisation who specialize in developing, planning and executing civil and infrastructure projects with unique technical complexity, construction methodology, major or highly specialized.
We are actively seeking an Engineering Manager within Tunnels. As the successful applicant, you will be responsible for the design and the engineering input during construction for all elements of the tunnel related works. You will also act as Package Manager and Technical Lead for the following packages of works:
- Sprayed Concrete Lining (SCL) design
- Ground Movement modelling
- Square Works Design
- Instrumentation and Monitoring
- Tunnel Survey and Control
- Stage 3 Building Damage Assessments
Requirements & Experience
- Educated to degree or higher level or equivalent in a numerate discipline, typically Engineering discipline (or related).
- Previous experience in a similar tunnelling role, preferably similar tunnelling techniques (SCL and timber headings) and similar ground conditions (London Clay).
- Previous experience in Rail infrastructure (preferably London Underground) is desirable.
- Previous experience in ground movement and asset protection (buildings, rail infrastructure, utilities)
- Membership of an appropriate Professional Body, typically Chartered Member of Institute of Civil Engineering or an appropriate international equivalent professional status. Preferably membership of the British Tunnelling Society.
- Ability to manage teams of people in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Hold a CSCS Card.
My client is offering you a competitive salary + benefits. You will have the opportunity to work with a forward thinking, dynamic organisation and being part of some of the largest NSIP's in the UK.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please do not hesitate to give Lisa Newman a call to learn more about the role and client.
We look forward to receiving your application!