Allen & York has been engaged by a leading Energy company to secure them an Environmental Management Systerms Manager to be the main environmental person in the business and as such deal with all related issues and manage compliance issues.
To be considered for the role, the following skills and attributes are required:
- at least five years' experience in the environment/waste sector
- you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with environmental legislation
- experience of preparing and applying for environmental and waste permits and licences
- you will be experienced with ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18001 as you'll be managing all three management systems
- you will be responsible for attending incidents on site and producing subsequent reports
- sound experience of designing, implementing and maintaining the Environmental Management System
- strong auditing skills - ideally you will hold a Lead Auditor qualification
- a background in waste processing is highly beneficial, and your experience should cover either transfer station operating, comopsting, waste transportation or EfW
- you will be competent liaising with the EA and other regulators
- experience of delivering training and educating others on the importance of environmental compliance
- sound communication skills, both verbal and written, as you will be required to produce reports and liaise with people at all levels within the business and externally
This is an excellent opportunity for a strong Environmental Manager with a good level of waste management/processing experience and is available with immediate start. If you tick the boxes and would like to find out more, please contact Katie Pereira on 01202 888986 ext 207. I look forward to receiving your application.