|Job Title:||Environment & Social Associate l Finance l South West|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England|
|Contact Name:||Katie Pereira|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
- Are you working in the social and environment space?
- Do you have experience working in international development?
- Would you like to further your career in an excellent organisation, focusing on international funding?
If so, read on...
I am working closely with a UK Development Finance Institution who is looking for an Environment & Social Consultant to join their growing Team in Central London on a twelve month contract.
One of the oldest DFI's, the company has trebled its' size over the last few years, and has built up an excellent reputation, built on strong morals and ethics. They have plans to continue growing, and are therefore looking for someone with the following skills and attributes:
- a strong academic background so a degree in a relevant discipline, such as environmental science, social science or economics and preferably a Masters degree in social development or development studies
- experience working within either an environmental consultancy, investment or bank or development finance
- experience in developing countries, namely Africa or South Asia is beneficial
- you will have an understanding of Environmental & Social Due Diligence and the practical challenges of implementing Environment & Social Performance in emerging markets
- experience of designing Environmental & Social Management Systems would be beneficial, as would reviewing E&S due diligence in reports
- excellent communication skills, both orally and written
- sound analytical skills are required
- you will be adept at using spreadsheets and databases to organise data and identifying issues when reviewing reports
- excellent capability to work both independently and as part of a Team, and the ability to prioritise your workload and manage a number of projects simultaneously
- you will be an enabler and problem solver, with the ability to think on your feet and come up with innovative solutions, based on extracting the information from clients and reports
- experience of working with funds would be beneficial, as would experience of IFC performance standards. Moreover, experience of having worked with private equity firms would be desirable, although is not essential
- experience of conducting training internally to other teams would be great
- a willingness to travel
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and dedicated professional with a few years' experience looking to drive their career forward in international development.
If you possess the relevant skills and experience, please contact Katie Pereira on 01202 888986 ext 207 to find out more.
I look forward to receiving your application.