ALLEN & YORK has been engaged by one of the South East's leading recycling companies to help them secure an Environmental and Sustainability Manager to join their business and work with one client in particular to be based on site in Central London.
As the main environmental specialist on site, you will be responsible for managing the waste contracts on a daily basis including waste management operatives, controlling costs and implementing initiatives to reduce the site's environmental impact. Moreover, you will be responsible for training and for providing specialist technical advice to operatives and directors.
To be considered for this role, the following skills and attributes are required:
- a first degree, preferably within an environment related discipline
- significant experience in the Environment/Sustainability sector
- experience of implementing and maintaining Environmental Management Systems in accordance with ISO14001
- experience of waste management such as WEEE and hazardous waste
- strong account management experience so good client facing skills
- proven time management experience
- excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- strong presentation skills
- the ability to work autonomously and with limited supervision
- target focused
- good report writing skills as you will be required to produce monthly reports and attend meetings to present findings
This is an excellent opportunity to work at a prestigious building in Central London and really drive their environmental initiatives. If you would like to find out more, please contact Katie Pereira on 01202 888986 ext 207. I look forward to receiving your application.