Environment, Health & Safety Advisor - Rail - Manchester
Fantastic opportunity to work for a leading Rail company currently looking to hire an experienced and qualified EHS Advisor to join their fast-growing team based in Manchester
The successful candidates must have experience of working in either the rail or construction industries.
The successful candidate will be required to assist in the planning, co-ordination and performance of Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) management of railway signalling projects, as required by company standards, legislation and customer requirements. This includes project design, installation, commissioning and close out phases.
Responsibilities will include:
- To implement and maintain group health & safety policies and ensure best practice codes are adhered to according to local standards and legislation.
- Advise, guide and coach all personnel with the implementation of the Company Procedures
- Advise on all current occupational H&S and environmental legislation
- Organise and chair monthly health & safety minutes to senior members of staff and provide minutes and necessary actions.
- Support any EHS incident investigations
- Produce monthly reports from the health & safety department with regards to company performance.
- Audits and Inspections of health & safety practices to be carried out across the business.
- Experience of advising in a multi-site environment
- Undertake regular reviews of the performance of personnel and contractors with regard to meeting the HS&E operating standards
Knowledge, Experience and qualifications required:
- Operational experience within the Rail or Construction Sector
- Membership of IEMA (or equivalent) and willingness to work towards Associate Membership
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certification
- Ability to engage with both office and site based personnel and provide constructive feedback and guidance on EHS management issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable team member
This opportunity of EHS Advisor offers a negotiable salary plus additional excellent company benefits.
If you have the correct qualifications and experience for this role please apply below and I will contact you directly to discuss this position in more detail. Alternatively please contact Rob Knowles on 01202 888986 or email@example.com
Please be advised if you have not heard back from us within two weeks then, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.