Allen & York has been engaged by an award winning commercial recycling company to secure an Environmental and Quality Compliance Manager to work across a range of sites in the North West.
Based predominantly at their site in the North West and working as an integral member of the Compliance Team, you will be the main point of contact and expert for all environment and quality issues.
To be considered for this role, the following skills and experience are required:
- experience working in the waste sector in an environmental capacity
- experience of applying for permits and ensuring compliance with these
- you will be responsible for managing the transition to ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 9001:2015 so candidates who have already gone through this process will be beneficial
- you will be up to speed with UK environmental legislation
- competent at conducting audits (an auditing qualification would be advantageous)
- you will either hold an Auditor qualification or WAMITAB
- you will be knowledgeable about WEEE Regulations
- experience of 'Duty of Care' would be advantageous
- comfortable liaising with the Environment Agency
- sound report writing and communication skills
- sound management and leadership skills are also required
- a strong commercial acumen is important
- investigating incidents and responding to these in the best way possible
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a highly regarded, reputable company and be instrumental in the transition to 2015 standards. If you tick the boxes and would like to find out more, please contact Katie Pereira on 01202 888986 ext 207.