Environmental and Social Consultant
A leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services now has an opening for an Environmental and Social Consultant. You will be to joining the UK & Ireland business unit to largely work on project finance and equity investment due diligence and monitoring against international environmental and social standards for financial clients (commercial banks, DFIs, ECAs, private equity firms). Providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The job will involve technical and project management aspects of large/complex projects located in mostly developing countries located in Africa, the Middle East and CIS. Work may involve travel to these locations on short trips to conduct audits/monitoring's.
You will also be expected to work with the team to prepare marketing materials and proposals as required. When not busy on such projects, you will be expected to turn your hand to other types of work such as M&A due diligence, ESIAs, ESG reviews, etc. as able in order to keep busy.
Required Attributes and Skills:
- Years of experience: 5-9
- At least an undergraduate degree in a relevant topic, post-graduate degree valued.
- Has worked in a similar role working in a consultancy or industry previously.
- Has worked on environmental and social issues in a project finance context for either the borrower/project sponsor or lender/investor as a client.
- Has working knowledge of international environmental and social standards such as Equator Principles, IFC Performance Standards, World Bank EHS Guidelines, EBRD Performance Requirements, OECD Common Approaches, etc.
- Ideally has conducted environmental and social due diligence and/or post-finance monitoring on project finance or equity investment deals applying the international standards mentioned above.
- Has experience in some of the following sectors: O&G (upstream and midstream), power (renewables, gas, cogen), mining, manufacturing (automotive, F&B, heavy industries).
- Has excellent project management and communication skills.
- Ideally has experience of direct interactions with clients on projects.
- Has excellent reporting skills in English.
- Must be willing to travel for work on short trips to interesting locations mostly in Africa, Middle East and or CIS countries.
- Ideally have language skills for operation in the field, ideally Arabic, French, Russian.
- Must be able to confidently deliver to tight time frame
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org