Our client is a highly respected global financial institution with an excellent reputation for leadership on sustainability issues.
They are now seeking to recruit a manager to provide Environmental and Social (E&S) Risk management for the activities of the business in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
The role will play a key role in ensuring that E&S matters are given full consideration in all aspects of the institution's governance, ensuring that their leadership position in this space is maintained and enhanced.
The successful candidate will also play a lead role in providing environmental, social and reputational (ESR) risks analysis and solutions for their clients in a wide range of industry sectors.
The successful candidate will, amongst other activities:
- Understand and analyse E&S risks for a range of industry sectors in relation to transactions and the wider business and commercial context.
- Assess reputational risks and advise senior managers accordingly.
- Deliver solutions to mitigate risks for the institution and their clients.
- Oversee relevant due-diligence with deal teams and clients including selecting and managing technical consultants
- Ensure corrective action identified is prioritised and implemented
- Deliver training courses to increase awareness and best practice regarding ESR issues.
- Take an active part in the institution's input into relevant working groups etc in relation to Equator Principles and associated initiatives.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant qualifications in E&S ideally with experience in the finance sector.
- Knowledge of relevant E&S standards (IFC etc) and their application
- Experience of working internationally (specifically Asia, Africa and the Middle East) and knowledge of the relevant regulatory and cultural issues will be beneficial.
- Experience in sectors with potential high E&S risks particularly extractives / mining power generation, infrastructure, chemical and agribusiness
- Knowledge of financial products and financing solutions
- Experience of working in emerging markets
- Language skills will be an advantage
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels of an organisation
- A passion for and deep understanding of, E&S topics.
- Solution focussed with strong planning and organisational skills.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone with a track record in applying E&S standards and best practice. Previous experience in the finance sector is not required but knowledge of financial products and services and experience of transactions and credit risk management is an advantage.
In addition to relevant experience and a commercial awareness, a desire to learn and challenge as well as a natural ability to find solutions and exceptional inter personal skills are required.
Please contact Paul Gosling +44 (0) 1202 888 986 firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or an informal conversation about this role.