Based in the South East of England, a waste management and recycling client of Allen and York is looking for an Environmental Compliance Assistant to join their growing team. If you are looking for an interesting and varied role, supporting a local company and its adherence to ISO Standards and environmental regulations, as it serves local authorities, businesses and members of the public, then we would like to hear from you.
The Environmental Compliance Assisstant will:
- Provide day to day guidance to colleagues across multiple sites in Kent
- Proactively investigate and permitting and environmental issues
- Undertake sampling, testing and analysis of bore hole and surface water, gypsum, PCV, refuse derived fuel (RDF) and other chemical and temperature control
- Assist and maintain administrative records for the Compliance team
- Work collaboratively with, and report to, the Head of Environment and Planning
To be considered for this role you must have:
- A working knowledge of ISO 14001 and other environmental standards
- Experience working within the environmental and/or waste management sector
- A history of working in the field
- The ability to work independently - have good time and project management skills
- A full, clean driving license
- Experience within a laboratory, analysing soil and water samples
- Good written and verbal communication skills, feeding back findings via different media
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, then please submit your CV. Contact Mark Doherty on 01202 888 986 Ext. 292 if you require any more information, and I look forward to receiving your application.