Environmental Consultant - Noise and Air Quality
Our Client, a UK multidisciplinary consultancy, is looking for an ambitious Environmental Consultant - Noise and Air Quality to join their team in the north west of England.
The successful candidate will be looking to build their reputation and knowledge as well as providing technical advice in respect of air quality, noise and contaminated land matters.
- Processing planning applications in a timely manner.
- Contributing to service improvements, managing your work to ensure client KPI's are met/exceeded.
- Contributing to the delivery and improvement of business management systems, procedures and processes.
- Providing support and guidance to peers and more junior staff.
- Supporting the growth of the team by making a positive contribution to business development.
- Undertake environmental consultancy responsibilities.
- Assess and provide technical advice.
- Provide support services to local authority clients.
- Review and report on environmental statements including noise, air quality and remediation of contaminated sites.
- Manage and deliver geo-environmental desk study and ground investigation projects.
- Manage and deliver air quality and/or noise projects ensuring technical integrity.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in relevant discipline.
- Air quality and noise measurement, assessment and control, including relevant legislation, statutory guidance and British Standards.
- Contaminated land site investigations and risk assessment.
- Working with Planning Authorities and elected members in the areas of strategic planning and development control.
- Minimum 5 years' experience within the environmental field.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and spoken.
- Post-graduate professional experience or qualification in one, or involving two or more, earth science aspects of: Acoustics & Noise Control, Contaminated Land/Landfill Gas, Geochemistry, Air Quality.
- Excellent Time management.
- Experience in project and financial management.
- Good IT skills.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Natalia Leskovskaja at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.