|Job Title:||Environmental, Social and Governance Manager|
|Salary:||£80000 - £100000 per annum + Bonus and other benefits|
|Contact Name:||Paul Gosling|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our client is a leading power producer across Southern Africa. They currently have a number of facilities, mainly in renewables and gas, covering a range of countries in Africa producing from 50 - 200 MW.
They are now seeking to recruit an ESG Manager to develop and implement Environmental, Social and Governance activities for the company.
The role will play a key role in ensuring that ESG matters are given full consideration in all aspects of the development and construction of their projects.
The successful candidate will, amongst other activities:
- Ensure that existing and new assets are managed in a way which ensures world class performance in ESG matters and comply with all corporate, local and international standards and policies.
- Lead the development of the Company's ESG strategy to drive world class performance.
- Work closely with the operational teams to develop and implement processes to deliver on the ESG strategy.
- Conduct ESG audits in conjunction with the wider technical audit program and follow up on the implementation of the audit's findings.
- Develop and deliver key metrics and targets to monitor performance and undertake formal ESG reporting.
- Work with the Asset Management team to ensure that ESG issues are monitored and reported on during development and operation cycles of the operating facilities.
- Provide early strategic guidance and feedback on the Environment and Social issues associated with new prospects.
- Provide technical assistance and support to local operational teams including coaching, and coordination of best practice roll-out.
- Provide support in sourcing ESG support and services including technical contractors and consultants for both operational facilities and new acquisitions.
- Work with project developers to undertake risk mitigation and due diligence in relation to ESG matter including Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA's)
- Liaise with Lenders, Suppliers and other interested parties on ESG issues
- Develop programs and opportunities to allow employees and local communities engage in and support the Company's ESG activities
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant qualifications in ESG with experience of large Infrastructure projects (including power generation).
- Knowledge of relevant ESG standards (IFC etc) and their application
- Experience of working internationally (including in Africa) and knowledge of the relevant regulatory and cultural issues will be beneficial.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels of an organisation
- a passion for, and deep understanding of, ESG topics and how they impact both from a regulatory and community involvement perspective.
- Achievement focussed with strong planning and organisational skills.
- Creativity and innovation in their work
- Flexibility of working location and travel as there will be significant international travel, sometimes at short notice
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with a large and growing business.
Please call Paul Gosling on +44 1202 888 986 for more information and a confidential conversation about this role.