Allen & York has engaged with an organisation who are developing a power project in East Africa and they're looking for an experienced Environmental, Social and Health Manager to join the established Team and drive things forward as they head into the construction phase of the project.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with extensive onsite experience, preferably having worked on geothermal projects, oil and gas, mining and/or other large infrastructure projects. Based in Africa in a beautiful location, you will require the following skills and attributes:
- extensive experience in country working on large infrastructure projects, preferably power generation, mining or oil and gas
- experience working in Africa and preferably remote areas of East Africa
- sound project management and organisational skills
- proven team management experience as you will have three direct reports
- strong experience of maintaining paperwork and documents in line with IFC and other DFI's
- you will have experience of both environmental and social issues, in equal measure, and some exposure to Health & Safety
- sound experience of reporting data and presenting this to the Board to update them on progress
- you will have experience of developing and implementing Community Development Plans, putting together ESIA's and maintaining and updating Environmental and Social Management Plans
- coordination of tasks with other senior managers
- you will be competent and experienced at working with and liaising with various development banks and implementing the Equator Principles
- if you speak either of the two main languages for the country (Oromo or Amharic) that would be beneficial
My client is looking for someone to start as soon as possible so if you tick the boxes and would like to find out more, please contact Katie Pereira on 01202 888986 ext 207. I look forward to receiving your application.