Allen & York has been engaged by an award winning company to find an Environmental Waste Manager to join their business. Working closely with the Head of Compliance, this is a fantastic opportunity to work on a range of interesting projects, both in the UK and also Europe. Based in South London, my client work within the telecomms sector, with a focus on recycling and reuse of mobile phones and accessories. They are looking for a dynamic, talented individual to join their Team and help grow the compliance and environmental division.
To be considered for the role, the following skills and attributes are required:
- a first degree in a relevant discipline
- experience in the waste management sector (in an environmental waste regulator would be a distinct advantage)
- sound understanding of environmental management systems in accordance with ISO14001
- audit experience is required
- a solid understanding of environmental legislation and regulation
- experience of working within waste packaging or WEEE regulations
- you will be familiar with waste permits, ideally having had involvement in applying for them
- good report writing and organisational skills
- excellent communication skills
- experience of delivering training
If you tick the boxes and would like to find out more, please contact Katie Pereira on 01202 888986 ext 207. I look forward to receiving your application.