|Job Title:||Executive Director|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
The Executive Director will provide overall leadership in research project management, infrastructure development, and scientific investigation in high-priority areas of environment and energy research, and to pursue & promote collaborative research relationships.
- Assist and expedite the introduction of off-grid integrated photovoltaic and energy storage technologies by providing scientific and engineering solutions to the deployment of large scale solar power in Qatar.
- Enhance the sustainability of water resources by providing scientific and technological solutions basis for energy-efficient water desalination, co-produced and waste water treatment and reuse and Qatar's aquifer recharge.
- Address the impact of climate change on the State of Qatar and the region.
- Catalyse the creation of an industrial ecosystem for energy, water and the environmental research and development through local and international partnerships.
- Enhance research culture in the country and build a pool of Qatari researchers in Energy Water, and Environment in Qatar.
- PhD in a relevant field of hard science with a strong record of publications, conference participation, presentations, and scientific contributions
- 16 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years at a senior level in academic management, with responsibility for R&D functions, including mentorship of PhD candidates, post docs and scientists
- Experience managing annual research budgets of at least $5,000,000 USD. Fund raising / financing / research contracting experience a plus
- Project management experience
- Strong knowledge research tools, procedures & protocols
- Sound people management, team-building and motivational skills
- Knowledge of local & international regulations for scientific research
- Excellent writing skills - ability to draft / edit a variety of written reports and communications and articulate ideas clearly and concisely; proficiency in Arabic a plus