We are recruiting on behalf of a leading manufacturer of cosmetics, fragrance and beauty products for an experienced Facilities Manager to join the team, to be based in Gloucester.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to hit the ground running providing a TFM service with an emphasis on Health and Safety in an engineering/ manufacturing environment.
- Ensure that sites, buildings and utilities are always safe, secure and maintained and presented to a very high standard, coordinating activities between in-house, landlord and subcontract resources
- To develop and implement strategy for current and future company premises requirements; and to develop specifications for tender
- To manage premises leases
- To negotiate premises and contractor supplier level agreements, then monitor and ensure that supplier are meeting agreed support standards
- To advise on energy efficiency and cost effectiveness
- To develop contractors, issuing work permits where necessary and ensuring that methods of work meet health and safety standards
- To develop strategies for utility supplies, again negotiating supplier level agreements as appropriate
- To manage all contractors relating to the maintenance and development of the sites, but also such things as security, cleaning and catering
- Lead all infrastructure development projects, working closely where appropriate with company teams, such as IT, but taking the lead role to develop appropriate specifications and then ensure project delivered smoothly on cost, time and specification with minimum disturbance
- To take appropriate responsibility for your own safety and that of others in the workplace
- To ensure that all directors, managers and supervisors are aware of their roles and responsibilities with regard to EHS requirements; and supporting them with advice and help with such things as risk assessments, liaising with consultants as required
- To develop, implement and maintain company processes to meet UK legislative and industry and customer standard requirements relating to EHS and premises, incorporating relevant KPI set
- To ensure that company records relating to EHS are maintained in complete and accurate form
- To investigate appropriately EHS incidents, reporting to legislative bodies where necessary
- To chair relevant committees, such as monthly health and safety review, in order provide a communication channel, and to reinforce culture of best practise throughout the business
- To forecast financial requirements into the future, based upon strategies developed and manage premises and EHS budgets
- To make a full contribution towards continuous improvements
- To generally assist in other activities within the factory as directed
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- BIFM qualified
- NEBOSH / IOSH qualification
- Proven experience of EHS in an engineering/manufacturing/logistics environment
- Fully trained in implementation of EHS Management Systems, Business Process Mapping
What we can offer you
- Dynamic environment with strong passionate and positive culture
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including pension scheme, Medical Care, 23 days holiday, Bonus and Death in Service schemes.
We look forward to receiving your application.