|Job Title:||Facilities Manager|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Howells|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
My client is a leading, fully co-educational independent school based in the heart of London. This is a friendly, lively and energetic place to work with great opportunities for progression and involvement. Due to current circumstances they are looking to appoint a Facilities Manager who would live on site. This is a great chance for someone keen to develop in a variety of areas of facilities management and will provide a challenge, with no two days being the same.
About the team:
The present Facilities Team consists of the Estates Director, the Facilities Manager, the Senior Facilities Team Member and 4 Facilities Team Members, including an electrician, a carpenter and a decorator. In addition, there is a Groundsman and Assistant Groundsman based at the School’s playing fields in Wood Lane.
- Ensure the efficient management of the facilities department; supporting all events and ensuring the maintenance of the school site is to a high standard and meets current legislative requirements.
- Ensure that the Facilities Team provides a first rate and effective support service to all departments and staff
- Prioritise, co-ordinate and manage all day to day repairs and maintenance activities and assist the Estates Director with planning and execution of maintenance programmes and refurbishment works.
- Manage Fire, Security and Building Management systems ensuring the highest levels of reliability.
- Ensure all relevant statutory maintenance, risk assessing and testing regimes are adhered to.
- Ensure all Planned Maintenance and Servicing is carried out in a timely manner and ensuring the presentation of the School is of the highest order.
- Ensure the smooth running and co-ordinating support services for the busy events diary.
- Ensure that the Facilities Department implements and maintains a strong Health and Safety culture; that maintenance staff operate safely at all times in the performance of their duties; that all aspects of the buildings and grounds are monitored for hazards; and adequate Risk Assessments are in place and maintained.
- Liaise with the Parents’ Gild and Contractors ie Security, Cleaning, Catering and Site Contractors
- Any other duties within reason as directed by the Estates Director or Senior Leadership Team. The job description is not exhaustive for this varied post.
Skills, Experience and Qualities:
- Experienced in managing facilities and staff ideally in an educational environment
- Good knowledge of statutory duties and responsibilities regarding Building Services
- Knowledge of security systems and databases is desirable but it is essential that the post holder is willing to train to be the lead person for security systems, Biometric access, card access, intruder alarms, CCTV and BMS systems
- MBIFM and TechIosh qualified (not essential)
- Good IT skills with the confidence and desire to learn about installed software and hardware
- Working knowledge of Office is essential
- High level of attention to detail and quality of service while working to deadlines
- Ability to prioritise one’s own work load and administer a number of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and with frequent interruptions
- Ability to deal sensitively and appropriately with staff, parents, students and visitors
If interested please get in touch with Toby Condie on 01202888986 ext.282