A world-class scientific research institute is looking to hire a Facilities Manager in the Oxford area, to be responsible for the main site hosting over 400 staff, offices and modern laboratories.
You will manage the effective and efficient provision of building and engineering services, laboratory support facilities, general soft services and scientific equipment maintenance management services, for the site community. These services will be professionally delivered to a standard that fully complies with any statutory requirements for the facility, fully meets the needs of the site community and is continually improved and developed, commensurate with supporting world-class science.
We are looking for a committed, confident and resilient Facilities Manager with proven knowledge and understanding of managing in a successful laboratory based research facility environment, to lead the continuous development of the Facilities services at the site in association with and to support the needs of the science community.
Skills & Qualification Requirements
- Proven successful delivery of Facilities Management in a scientific environment, including laboratory services support.
- Proven track-record in being proactive at co-develop management practices with scientists
- Proven staff leadership & performance management.
- Committed, flexible, inclusive and motivated to deliver the highest quality service provision.
- Proven resilience, confidence and adaptability to lead and manage a diverse range of services in an inclusive culture.
- Proven ability to successfully adapt to, lead and manage through significant organisational change.
- Highly skilled in effective communication, reporting, presentation, consultation and negotiation.
- Membership of BIFM (Associate or above).
- Certified training or proven knowledge in statutory compliance requirements, including; Legionella Management, Asbestos Management, Fire Safety Management, Waste Management, F-Gas Regulations, Risk Assessments, PSSR, Contractor Management, Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Certified training or proven knowledge in essential area services, including; H&S (NEBOSH Certificate), Environmental Management (IEMA Foundation Certificate), Security Management, Project Management, Procurement, Service Contract Specifications and Performance Monitoring, PPM system, CDM Regulations, Tenant Management & SLA’s.
- Proven understanding of key areas including; OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO9001, AutoCAD, Building Management System, SFG20, Building Asset Register, Condition Surveys.
If you match the description and are interested in the job please call Gemma on 01202 888 986 ext 226.