|Job Title:||Finance Assistant|
|Salary:||£9.88 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Collins|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
West Midlands - 6 Months
- To perform day-to-day transactional processing in the Finance Shared Service Centre, ensuring that all accounts are maintained in an effective and accurate manner.
- The role will be predominantly purchase ledger but will also cover other aspects of the Finance function in order that varied experience is gained.
The key duties of the role are:
- Purchase Ledger invoice processing
- Scanning of invoices using DbCapture and ensuring all invoice information is recorded correctly.
- Administering the approval of purchase invoices using DbCapture:
- Applying approval routes to invoices.
- Chasing staff for goods receipting & purchase invoice approval.
- Posting V1 batches into Sage
- Setting up new users & suppliers
- Purchase Ledger other responsibilities.
- Registering of inter company purchase ledger invoices (outside of v1).
- Responding to supplier queries
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Ensuring supplier details are up to date.
- Sales Ledger Tesseract invoicing Contracts, sales orders & service calls
- Manual invoicing
- Customer query resolution
- Month-End SU batches Codis uploads, Cost accruals, Time sheet reallocations, Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Supporting the FSSC Manager to ensure that all transactions are processed accurately, efficiently and effectively.
- Maximising performance against defined PPI's (Process Performance Indicators)
- Assisting in the development of further PPI's to demonstrate departmental efficiency Documentation of policy & continual improvement
- Customer Service
- Maximising the internal customer experience of their financial responsibilities
- Working within a small finance team to maximise the working experience of the team
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to influence and understand the needs of stakeholders
- Analysing transactional data to investigate and isolate issues
- Finance transactional processing experience
- Sage 1000 experience
- Exposure to pressurised / high volume environment
- A levels and/or Degree
- Desire to pursue a career in Finance Desirable
- Desire to achieve professional qualification to develop wider financial knowledge