Our client is a nationally renowned company who is known for their innovative infrastructure work. On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Financial Accountant to join their expanding team. Reporting to the Financial Director/Accounting Manager, you will be required to control and manage the financial accounting and reporting activities of the joint venture project based in the Republic of Ireland.
- Identifying required resources to carry out the full accounting functions and statutory authorities returns.
- Forecast & Budgeting of final cost outturn for the project, monthly monitoring and carrying out variance analysis.
- Preparation of monthly Cash Flow Forecasts.
- Goods Received Notes and Weekly Hire Records documentation input into Coins Software.
- Maintaining accounting records and making sure our accounting entries are accurate.
- Preparation of Monthly accounting timetables to match client’s requirements as set out in the contract.
- Preparing the financial statements under IFRS.
- Documenting and maintaining accounting policies and procedures under IFRS.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register and making sure fixed asset additions and disposals are correctly recorded.
- Monthly Closedown of the accounts and production of the cost reports
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Computerised payments to subcontractors’ applications bi-monthly basis and suppliers on a weekly basis.
- Ensure correct cost coding of all suppliers invoices, subcontractors certificates, staff, labour and plant is adhered to.
- Involved in the monthly payroll processing which is carried out by BAM on behalf of the JV. This would involve payment to statutory authorities e.g. tax and NHI and / or directly to employees bank accounts.
- Fully Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACCA).
- Previous experience of Self Accounting on Major Projects and Joint Ventures.
- Experience of managing an Accounts Department, multi-tasking and working to strict deadlines and timetables.
- Results orientated.
- Demonstrable experience of providing accurate, clear, concise reports.
- Effective at dealing with people at all levels, with the ability to effectively communicate financial information to non-financial members of the team.
- Must have the confidence to challenge senior management team and existing processes and the ability to identify and implement improvements.
- Holding an up-to-date knowledge of IFRS.
- Demonstrating the ability to work with a variety of accounting packages.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Being able to hit deadlines under pressure.
The ideal candidate will have Coins Computer software experience.
Salary – negotiable DOE.
We look forward to receiving your application.