|Job Title:||Financial Analyst|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Salary:||£45,000 to £55,000pa|
|Contact Name:||Andy Tubb|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
On behalf of our client we are seeking to appoint a Part or fully qualified CCAB Financial Analyst. The organisation are an ambitious company, looking to make a real difference in their market space. We are looking for talented individuals to help build and grow the organisation. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative start-up and become instrumental in challenging and changing the way customers perception and habits towards using services within their respective market space.
We want candidates who want to make a difference every day and want to work in a collaborative environment.
The organisation is fortunate to be backed by some of the most successful and respected technology investors in Europe and has an advisory board with extensive experience in their field, mergers & acquisitions and technology.
This key role in the finance will assist in accounting, budgeting, reconciliation and management reporting. The role will work closely with the business to ensure robust financial controls are in place and adhered to.
- Ensuring all stakeholders understand their responsibilities for the Divisions financial goals
- Ad hoc analysis and provision of financial advice as required to support decision-making and monitoring of business financial performance
- Financial reporting and forecasting, providing quality financial analysis and insightful commentaries and recommendations to the business
- Liaison and influencing across external accountants, internal trading, sales and engineering
- Manage cost allocation and tracking across all Divisions
- Specific responsibility for the production of monthly management accounts for the business, and preparation of detailed budgets and forecasts, with analysis, interpretation and recommendations
- Preparation of monthly board reports
- Preparation of revue and cost KPIs reporting across all Divisions
- Verification of actual costs and preparation of accruals, pre-payments and journals
- Reconciliation of all labour costs across full time and contractors by Division and activity
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of Credit/Market risk reports covering all activity (e.g. Counterparty Risk, commodity trading, profit at risk etc)
- Work with internal and external clients on ad-hoc data requests and analyses.
- Building a financial control framework.
- VAT reconciliation and payment, as well as bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assess financial and commercial viability of new customers by working with all required Divisions
What we need from you:
- Strong proficiency with SQL, Excel and VBA is required.
- Ideally experience from the UK electricity market
- Strong knowledge of financial markets and risk drivers especially those within Counterparty Risk and Commodity trading.
- You will have an excellent academic background, including a degree (or equivalent) in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, sciences or engineering (or equivalent).
- Highly organized, with close attention to detail.
- Ideally, fully ACA / CIMA qualified however we will also consider applications from candidates who are part qualified.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Great London Location
- Excellent work environment and extremely motivated team who enjoy what they do
- Unique entry point to a leading technology company
- Real Career Progression