Our client, a global engineering consultancy, are currently recruiting an experienced Fire Design Engineer to be based from Frimley.
The Fire Design Engineer will produce professional and accurate design related documentation which meets the business’ Fire Safety QA requirements. These designs will start with the concept at sales stages, through to all of the design documentation required at handover.
What are my responsibilities?
- Develop system architecture schematics and a detailed design specifying the equipment and materials to be utilised within the solution and to meet the client’s operational requirements
- Responsible for the production and creation of Fire system designs that comply with the relative British standards, codes of practice or specifications and are complaint to customer specifications, ensuring cost effective solutions are provided
- Build and maintain customer relationships, with customer’s designated design or services representatives
- Understands the customer’s business and business terminology
- Responsibility to ensure that all functions are completed according to company QA procedures
- Maintain central server filling system
- Ensure certification and up to date knowledge, classification and installation methods
- Attend training courses to improve skills and knowledge
- Design relay controls, special switching arrangements
- Plan, manage, forecast and report on all design projects in hand
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Previous design experience with excellent technical/engineering understanding of fire related systems
- Commercial understanding of design requirements vs. costs requirements
- Ability to undertake accurate measurements from drawings/designs
- Familiarity with the current British and other relevant standards within the industry
- Demonstrated ability to ensure drive, focus, planning and positive attitude for consistent achievement and delivery of high quality results
- Good organisational skills. Self motivated, Team player - good communicator with peers, other staff and customers
- Ability to relate to people at all levels, and to communicate both on a technical and non-technical basis
- I Networks design
- Proven ability to professionally document, illustrate and present detailed fire system design specifications with in-depth knowledge of BS5839, BS6266 and BS7671
- Electrical – Diploma level in Electrical related subject or equivalent and/or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Auto CAD, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office Suite is required