Our client is a multidisciplinary building services consultancy, working across a variety of sectors, including Public & Private Residential Development, Commercial Offices, Educational Buildings, Retail Buildings, Historic Buildings, Specialist Bespoke Development and Masterplanning.
They have a vacancy for a Fire Engineer in London to join their rapidly growing Fire Engineering Team in London. Working under supervision, this role shall involve working as part of a team to apply Fire Safety Engineering design to all manner of buildings.
The successful individual shall have;
- A degree in Fire Engineering, Building Science or equivalent;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A good understanding / knowledge of current UK Fire Safety Legislation;
- Experience in the application of Fire Engineering techniques and principals;
- Experience of working within a fire safety engineering team.
Technical Roles and Responsibilities
The core role and responsibilities for the successful individual shall be:
- Production, with guidance, fire safety strategy documents to inform and support the development throughout the design process on various types of buildings across a number of sectors;
- Identify and specify, with support, the need for fire safety systems (i.e. sprinkler systems, smoke ventilation systems and relevant detection and alarm systems) to support the fire engineering design solutions
- Carry out and review, with support, Fire Engineering calculations;
- Understand and apply UK Fire Safety Legislation for the relevant developments;
- Represent (with support initially) our client at design team meetings at fire safety work shops as and when required;
- Have good time management skills for meeting previously agreed project deliverable dates;
- With support, negotiate as necessary with the Approval Authorities on the fire safety design principles and proposals.
The successful candidate shall;
- Contribute to meetings with clients to discuss and understand new project opportunities;
- Demonstrates awareness to project risk issues and highlights as appropriate;
- Support colleagues in other disciplines within the company with regards to fire safety engineering and approaches;