- NEBOSH Fire Certificate (or equivalent)
- Fire Risk Assessment IFE or similar
- Experience in the field of health and safety with specific knowledge relating to legislation dealing with but not limited to Fire Safety
- Relevant experience within the Fire Service and/or relevant fire engineering qualifications
- A degree of computer literacy with respect to market leading software operating systems and desktop publishing packages will be required
- Strong organisational skills - ability to multi task and prioritise workload
- NEBOSH diploma
- CFPA E
- Membership of the Institute of Fire Engineers
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (FSO) came into force in October 2006 and Fire (Scotland) Act 2005.
- Fire Risk Assessment Process with a strong background undertaking FRA's.
- Comprehensive understanding of the following fire related guidance, ADB, LACORS, BSI PAS79 & The Fire Safety Order, BS9999, LACORS, Guidance on HMOs, Fire safety in Purpose Built Blocks of Flats, BSI 991, CLG Guidance to Sleeping Accommodation and Housing Act and the HHSRS.
- Building construction and building techniques.
- Fire procedures and fire safety management.
- Microsoft Office and IT Systems. Word, Excel etc.
You will have worked in the following areas:
Fire Safety Officer, Ex Fire Service, H&S Officer/Manager, Building and or Construction Inspections. Perhaps ex forces.